Who is behind Trumpet?
Why can I trust Trumpet?
When do I choose to remain anonymous or not?
Am I anonymous from the very beginning?
What guarantees that my identity is not divulged?
Can I write the report from any computer or phone?
Do I need to use incognito mode?
What is relevant to report?
Can I report something other than an event?
What happens to my report?
Who can read my report?
What is a case?
Whitepaper Advisors is a company that believes that credibility and a high degree of integrity are prerequisites for our business to exist. We have extensive experience in examining and helping organisations in preventing improprieties.
As suppliers of this service, we must comply with valid legislation. Based on how the system and function have been designed, we may not — and we cannot — collect personal data about the whistleblower if he/she chooses to remain anonymous. Even if the whistleblower chooses to disclose his/her identity to the case worker, we act in the role of controller and may not pass on the whistleblower’s personal data.
Read more about the technical safety in What guarantees that my identity is not divulged?
We hope that you will choose to disclose your contact details to the case worker, as this facilitates the handling of the case. Please note that when you choose this option, you will only disclose your identity to the external case worker, and not to the organisation that your report concerns.
- All submitted information is encrypted according to a method that allows only the whistleblower and case worker to access your personal data or read the complete report. The encryption algorithms that we use (AES-256) are always updated, secure and evaluated methods that follow the highest security standards.
- All communication with the service, i.e. between the visitor’s computer and the service’s servers, is encrypted according to the most secure internet standard SSL OV. "SSL" means encrypting the information, which effectively protects against interception. "OV" is an extension that, in addition to encryption, also guarantees the protection of the identity of the server with which the visitor is communicating, which protects against fraudsters.
- The system has been designed to not store any information regarding either those visiting the web service, or those submitting reports. Traceable information is not stored in either visitor statistics or system logs. Only the personal data submitted by you, as a whistleblower, in your report will be stored, and you yourself can choose who is given access to that information.
However, if you want to be completely sure that you are not leaving any traces in your employer’s IT environment, you should use your own private computer or phone, and visit the service from a network you trust, such as your home network.
Use the questions below to provide as clear a picture as possible:
- What type of event the complaint concerns?
- Who is/are involved?
- When it happened?
- Where it happened?
- If it was a one-off event, or if the problem is ongoing or recurring?
Include contact information of potential witnesses, or state where to find any evidence (e.g. in paper or electronic format).
All organisations that use our service have a committee, to which the case worker reports any incoming cases. It is ultimately the organisation’s committee that decides how each case should be handled. Before the committee gains access to the case, it is reviewed to ensure that the report does not name anyone in the committee as being is involved. If this is the case, the person(s) will be excluded from any further handling of the case. A description of how the committee works is available on your organisation’s website (where you found the login information for the whistleblower system).
The system has been technically constructed in such a way that no one without authorised access is able to retrieve your report, according to the choice you made when the report was created. Read more in What guarantees that my identity is not divulged?
You have important information. We guarantee your anonymity
Trumpet is an independent whistleblower service that acts independently outside of Räddningstjänsten Syd. You are now located on a secure page, on which you are completely anonymous. You can choose to reveal your identity later.
- When you report an event, a case is created. This case is then received by an independent Trumpet case worker.
- You will receive anonymous login details in order to easily monitor the case, communicate with the case worker and see when a decision has been made.
- After a first assessment, a recommendation is given to Räddningstjänsten Syd for a decision on what action to take.